1) Install the JRE package (Java Run time Environment) from here.
2) Once you've installed JRE java, open a console and type:
2) This should display the path to the java app.
If you get an error message saying "java not found in...." or something to that affect you will then need create a symbolic link from the path to where the java binary is installed, mine was /usr/java/jre1.3.1/bin/java and place the link in your path, for example: /usr/bin.
If using KDE, just drag and drop the java file to /usr/bin and select "create link", or to do it the hard way you can go here for more info on creating symbolic links. Now when you type which java it will come back with /usr/bin/java
2) Next, go to http://www.limewire.com and download the LimeWireLinux.tgz
3) Untar the file to the directory that you want to permanently store the program (eg; /opt)
4) To run the program open a console and cd to the LimeWire directory and type: ./runlime.sh
If you have a problem connecting from behind the default Mandrake firewall, you may need to do the following:
1) Open up /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg as root and find the public services part.
2) Enter TCP_PUBLIC_SERVICES="6346" SAFEST in the appropriate section and save.
3) Then do /etc/rc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall stop and /etc/rc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall start
Limewire should now work fine.